Our Top Spring Car Care Tips
It may be hard to believe, but spring really is right around the corner. With the promise of better weather and outside adventures, this is the ideal time to start planning out your spring maintenance routine so that you can make the most of the season. Here are a few tips that we find most useful in preparing your car for warmer temperatures:
- Check your owner’s manual for the manufacturer’s recommended service schedule, and take care of anything that’s either overdue or due soon.
- Inspect every vehicle light and bulb, replacing any that have burned out.
- Check the tire treads and conditions, including your spare. Make sure the tires are cold before you check the air pressure.
- Winter can wreck your wiper blades. Replace worn-out wipers and make sure to check the washer fluid levels.
- Change the oil and oil filter on the schedule suggested by the manufacturer. Remember, older cars may need this done more frequently than newer models.
- Replace all other filters as recommended.
- If your vehicle is running rough at idle, stalling or having trouble starting, get those corrected before hot weather kicks in.
- Flush and refill the cooling system as advised, and make sure to periodically check the coolant’s condition and level.
- If your air conditioning system has seen better days, have a qualified technician service it.
- Ask a certified technician to check the condition and tightness of all belts, hoses and clamps.
To ensure that you enjoy peace-of-mind driving all season long, schedule an appointment with the experts in our Service Center and let them take care of your maintenance needs. After all, there’s a reason that our customers from the Ansonia, New Haven, Hamden, Bridgeport and Waterbury, CT areas trust them to attend to their vehicles.